Chinese Ginger and Garlic Stirfry Sauce


My favourite Thai takeaway place was closed for a reasonable time recently. I was craving their garlic prawns so badly, so I decided to make my own. The garlic prawns from my Thai takeaway was stir-fried and had lots of crunchy vegetables. More importantly, it tasted so nice and was very refreshing. Finding a decent chinese garlic stirfry sauce recipe was going to be a difficult task.

After a lengthy search, and many experiments in the kitchen, I found one that was a great starting-point. Not only was the recipe endorsed by Chinese reviewers, I incorporated many of their suggestions and amended it according to my taste. One amendment was including ginger. The result? A beautifully well-balanced sauce that isn't too acidic, sweet or salty. So now I can make my own stirfry garlic prawns when I want!





Ingredients



3 - 4 medium garlic cloves, crushed
1 tablespoon ginger, grated
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 - 2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
2 teaspoons Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
¼ - ½ teaspoon chili sauce, or according to taste
¼ teaspoon Asian sesame oil
1½ teaspoons cornflour
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon vegetable or peanut oil


Method



Add in all ingredients into a small bowl and stir.

No comments :

Post a Comment