Garlic Aioli


I had been trying to find a recipe for aioli for a while. I searched for some and they all had common ingredients: garlic, oil and lemon. So I decided to make my own.

Many recipes will give you a quantity of oil required. I don't. The point of aioli is that you add enough olive oil so that a thick mayonnaise consistency is formed. This could be 1 cup, 1½ cups or more of olive oil. The key is to slowly add the oil. And when I mean slow, I mean s-l-o-w. So invest in an olive oil pourer.

Ingredients



3 - 5 garlic cloves, crushed
2 egg yolks
Extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon water
Salt
2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard (optional)

Method



Process garlic, salt and egg yolks in the small bowl of a food processor until well combined.
With motor running, slowly add oil (using a pourer) through feed tube. Stop processor once a thick mayonnaise is formed. Transfer to a bowl.
Stir in lemon juice and water. If too thick, add some more water or lemon juice, according to taste.
Add in mustard, if desired. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until required.

No comments :

Post a Comment