Mango Pudding


I love yum cha. I especially love the mango pudding you order right at the end of yum cha. I have always wondered how mango pudding is made, and when I saw my favourite mango, the Kensington Pride, on special at my local Fruit and Veg store, I HAD to find a recipe.

I had to experiment a bit, because I used gelatine leave as oppose to powder. I also like my mango pudding to have some mango bits, not chunks, through it. If you're the same, I suggest ignoring the second-to-last step in the method and making sure you use the higher amount for the gelatine.

Ingredients



1½ cups fresh mango puree
1 cup hot water
1 - 2 tablespoons powdered gelatine (or 3 - 4 gelatine leaves, softened)
¼ cup sugar
1 cup evaporated milk
extra evaporated milk for serving


Method



If using gelatine powder: Pour the hot water into a bowl and sprinkle with gelatine powder. Stir until dissolved.
If using gelatine leaves: Pour the hot water into a bowl and add in softened leaves. Stir until dissolved.
Add sugar and stir again - do not whisk or the mixture will get frothy and the small air bubbles will form.
Add the evaporated milk and stir. Add the mango puree and mix. Pour the mixture through a sieve into small ceramic bowls. Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate.
Serve topped with remaining evaporated milk.

No comments :

Post a Comment