Chicken Nuggets with Dipping Sauces


My four-year-old announced one morning that he wanted chicken nuggets. Strange, since we had never fed them to him. A lover of meat, even at this young age, I cannot feed my son frozen chicken nuggets. Luckily for me, I have trained both boys on how to each food with spices, so I knew I could add in some delicious spices within the crumb. Considering husband and I would be eating this meal, I knew we needed a dipping sauce. And this meal was created! And boy were the nuggets a success for the 4 year old. Apparently the tastiest meal he ever had!

The dipping sauces can be made just before serving, but I prefer to make them in advance. Make sure you buy liquid smoke, it will change your life! I tried the BBQ dipping sauce without the liquid smoke, the first time around. After reading a recipe that called up liquid smoke, I did more research and decided to add it to the BBQ sauce. The result? WOOOOW!



Ingredients



Chicken Nuggets:
400-600g chicken thigh, trimmed and cut into 2.5cm pieces
1 teaspoon sweet Hungarian paprika
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder 50g grated pecorino, or parmasen cheese
100g plain flour
3 eggs, beaten
Handful parsley leaves
Salt & pepper
200-400g crushed cornflakes

Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce:
4-6 tablespoons whole egg mayonnaise
1 teaspoon seeded Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons honey

Smokey BBQ Dipping Sauce:
6 tablespoons tomato sauce
3 tablespoons golden syrup
1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
1 teaspoon soy sauce
2-3 drops tabasco
2-4 drops liquid smoke



Method for Chicken Nuggets



In a food processor, add paprika, cornflakes, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, pinch of salt and pepper and process into a fine crumb. Add in cheese and parsley and process until parsley is roughly chopped
Place flour and crumb onto separate plates. Dust chicken piece with flour, then transfer into egg mixture and then crumb. Place on a plate. Repeat with each piece of chicken.
Meanwhile, make each of the dipping sauces. Place in refrigerator.
Add 2-3cm of oil in a medium saucepan and heat. Add in chicken pieces and cook until golden.
Serve with the dipping sauces and chips.

Method for Honey Mustard & Smokey BBQ Dipping Sauces



Add in ingredients per dipping sauce into separate bowls. Mix well.


No comments :

Post a Comment