No-Yeast Flatbread


I have been trying to find a recipe for flatbread for a while. I have one requirement - no yeast. Why? I am yeast intolerant. I know - someone, who is of Italian heritage is YEAST INTOLERANT!

After giving up, I started researching again and I came across this recipe. I found it on a quaint website, RecipeTin Eats, and it can be used as naan bread and yiros wraps. I've slightly amended the recipe (as usual!) and I cannot wait to try different flavours, i.e. garlic naan, cheese naan etc!

Ingredients



300g plain flour
½ teaspoon salt
50g unsalted butter
¾ cup (185ml) milk


Method



Add butter and milk into a small saucepan and heat until butter is just melted.
In a large bowl, add flour, salt and the butter and milk mixture. Mix until combined.
Sprinkle work surface with flour then knead for a few minutes until it is smooth. Add extra flour if the dough is too sticky.
Place dough back into the bowl and wrap with cling wrap and rest at room temperature for 30 minutes or so.
Dust work surface with flour, cut dough into 4-6 pieces, roll into balls, then roll out to desired thickness/size.
Heat non stick pan over medium heat. Spray surface of pan with olive oil spray.
Place one flatbread in the pan, cook for around 1- 1½ minutes - it should bubble up. Flip and cook the other side, pressing down if it puffs up - there should be a smallish golden brown spots on both sides.
Repeat until all flatbread are cooked.

No comments :

Post a Comment